At first I had some trouble understanding route redistribution. I’ve tried getting better at it and now I have a solid understanding of it. Darren did some labs on his blog and I decided to give it a go as well. It is really good practice to create a lab of your own. Surprisingly it is more difficult than one would expect to create tricky scenarios, this is my go at it.
This is the topology.
The goal of the lab is to achieve full reachability and provide optimum routing. Since all links have the same bandwidth the fewer number of hops the better the route (try staying inside the routing domain if possible).
Follow these steps in order:
- Configure mutual redistribution between RIP and EIGRP on R5
- Configure mutual redistribution between OSPF and EIGRP on R3
- Configure mutual redistribution between OSPF and EIGRP on R2
- Configure mutual redistribution between RIP and OSPF on R7
- Configure mutual redistribution between RIP and OSPF on R8
All interfaces have been preconfigured with IP-adresses.
Download the topology and initial config here. Post your findings in the comments section.